Sunday 31 March 2013

Naming of Stuff

Innominate Blog
Auster III
G-AHLK is you will agree a useless name for a blog and I am sorry. It is called that after an Auster which belonged to my father and was the first aircraft I went up in, when I was but 17 days old.  Its registration number was G-AHLK and when my infant brother was learning to read he looked at the aeroplane and sounded out the letters, Guh, A (as pronounced in 'apple'), Huh, Ull (as pronounced in 'full'), Kuh, and asked my mother 'What does that spell?'  What a dear little fellow!
 
Airbus A340 property of R. Branson
Now he is a  pilot himself and flies giant Airbusses.

Since that incident G-AHLK has always been pronounced Guh-A-Huh-Ull-Kuh and anything awaiting a name gets called that in default, eg. puppies, new babies, yachts, mansions, racehorses hem hem and as you can see, blogs, while arguments go on: 
 'NO. No son of mine is going to be christened "Annachie". Imagine in Waitrose having to say "Put the papaya down, Annachie."  His name shall be John.'    'All right then but can he have Annachie as a second name?'    'No. I gave in over calling that ridiculous cat "Vodka". It's MY turn to choose.'    'Yeah? Well I HATE calling the boat the Dolores Haze. You owe me for that' etc. 
Naming a blog is impossible, and therefore it is still called G-AHLK. Also I would like someone to think up a new word for 'blog' which I consider a despicable term.

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment